RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR ISSUE OF VISA TO CHILE
(Applicable for Indian Nationals)
(Business as well as Tourism Purposes)
Submission Of Application/Issue of Visa : 9 a.m. - 10 a.m. - 10 a.m. - 14:00
(Monday to Friday)
**PERSONAL PRESENCE IS ESSENTIAL FOR ISSUE OF VISA **
- Application form for visa in original, should be completed in all respects and duly signed by the applicant. Incomplete Application Form is liable for straightaway rejection. Application form has to be submitted at least TEN DAYS in advance to avoid last minute rush and inconvenience. After verification, passport will be returned on the same day and has to be resubmitted on the same date given by the Consular Section for Issue of Visa,
Documents to be Furnished/Visa Fees
- Original valid Passport ( with validity atleast 6 months)
- To and fro confirmed Air Ticket(s)
- Contact in Chile : Letter of Invitation / Sponsorship in original from Chile duly signedwith name, address, telephone etc. of the person to be contacted. Invitation by e-mail not accepted.
- Letter of recommendation from the organization where the applicant is working for. Membership Certificate/Recommendation letter from the Chamber of Commerce and Industry (eg. FICCI, CII, FIEO, I.T.P.O, etc.)/ Export Promotion Council etc. where ever applicable
- Product Profile/Activity of the company Where the Applicant is working .
- Documentary proof of financial soundness of the Applicant.( Applicable in case of tourists )
- Details of Bankers being dealt with.
- Hotel Booking details (Applicable in case of tourists)
Visa Fee :
- US$ 20 ( for Single Entry, max. stay upto 90 days)
- US$30 ( for Multiple Entries, max. stay upto 90 days)
Note( i )
- :Visa Fee is payable only in Indian Rupees based on the Consular Exchange Rate fixed for every month by the Consular Section. This Fee (in cash) is to be remitted in the official bank of the Embassy (Bank of Tokyo Mitsubishi Ltd.), only on the date of issue of visa after duly authorized by the Consular Section.
( Rs. 480 in cash is to be paid along with application form to cover administration/processing charges, applicable for cases which need consultation to the Immigration Dept. in Chile)
Note( ii )
- Application by post will Be accepted only in special cases.
*** For outstation applicants( other than those residing in Delhi and surrounding areas ), personal presence may be waived off, subject to producing an AUTHORITY LETTER in the form of POWER OF ATTORNEY duly notarised by the Notary where the applicant is residing. ( Sample format available with Consular Section.)
Note( iii ) The above Rules and Regulations are subject to change without further notice, depending on the directions from the Govt. Of Chile.